Lockwood & co Vs Stairs

The Screaming Staircase - Jonathan Stroud

Lockwood Corporation is a small unknown ghost-hunting agency located in England. It has only three member unlike other famous agency. When a mission goes wrong, They have to do everything they can to save their agency and reputation. Our main characters consist of Lucy the new member with over the top sensitive power that unable her to feel, hear and see the ghost. She tough girl, a survivor who does not take the bullshit of others, however that does not mean she is without insecurities. she has a past. George, the bookworm of the group, archives are his home, researches are his life and of course foods. i just love him, his sharp lines were so funny. Lockwood, The leader of the group and the head of the corporation, secretive, rash. he lives for the adrenaline, and the possibility of a mystery.  With all these attributes our heroes still posses faults and flaws,They are not invincible.

I enjoyed this book.To be honest the plot is not unique and the mystery is predictable. However the way the story is written, how the characters interact and the hilarious dialogs, especially between Lucy and George made it fun to read. The book is not frighting at all, so don't worry if you are anti-horror. It has a small amount of darkness and gruesomeness, but it does not reach the level that makes it scary. Which at first made me disappointed, but i got over it quickly.

Finally, i think it is a book worth checking, i think many people will enjoy it and can't wait to read the next one.

If there's something' strange in your neighborhood
Who ya gonna call?
(Lockwood agency)

If it's something' weird an' it don't look good
Who ya gonna call?
(Lockwood agency)

Warning: There is a lot of tea and biscuits reference that will push you to eat and destroy your diet.....you have been warned.